Old 28-01-2010, 11:33 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default Leylandii for burning?

Christina Websell wrote:

I would say be very careful, I would not describe it as "fine" for a
woodburner if you have a sliding damper on the front of your stove. It will
spit out of it across the room, in my experience.

I burn leylandii in a wood burner without problems. The woodburner has a
sliding damper on the front. Since the damper is within an anclosure
that is made of the same steel as the woodburner it is hard to see how
it could be "spit out of it across the room".

I tried conifer wood once, I'm glad I was not out for a few hours, it
sparked out from the tiny hole in the damper and set my carpet on fire when
I was upstairs. Never again.

Yew is a conifer.