Old 22-03-2010, 08:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug[_4_] Doug[_4_] is offline

Default Bark eaten off apple tree - advice?

Pavel314 wrote:

On Mar 17, 11:55Â*am, "
wrote:
On Mar 17, 10:18Â*am, sockiescat sockiescat.

wrote:
Charlie[_2_];880413']On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 18:09:53 -0400, Bill who
putters

wrote:

-
Gut em right away cut off head , paws pull off skin soak in salted
water.

Gruesome but similar to de heading chicken and then plucking or
skinning. Â*Hot water and resolve Â*all that is needed.-

I gotta add, Bill, for those who don't have old-fashioned knowledge
(and I know you do), have a care about tularemia
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tularemia).... and fleas. Â*Plus, if
you have a sensitive tummy related to smells, dress 'em outside.

Rabberts die easily, a pellet gun will take care of them with little
noise to alert the cute-bunny-lovers.

Charlie

The crafty rabbit has three different entrances to its lair
Chinese Proverb

there are a lot of things sold on the market that u can put on your
tree
but i would fence the area in as brooklyn1 mentioned, cut off any
jagged edges or ripped up bark as carefully as u can.
other than that all u can do is wait and keep talking to your tree and
yes
i do mean talking even though i know there are some that dont believe
in it.
i think most gardeners talk with their plants, trees, etc and if they
say they dont well who am i to say if they do or not lolol.
good luck with your tree. cyaaaaaaa, sockiescat.

--
sockiescat

Thanks for the responses. Â*I kind of think the tree is done for, too,
but will wait to see what happens when the others start to leaf out.
And I appreciate the recipe for rabbit stew.

Wayne- Hide quoted text -

If the bark is stripped all the way around the tree, I wonder if it
would be possible to graft a couple of strips of bark cut from higher
off the trunk in a vertical direction to bridge the gap and get a
complete cambium again.

Paul

If that is what you want to do search bridge graft on google. A bunch of
interesting links come up. I've never tried it myself. -DOug