Old 29-07-2010, 02:49 AM posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair
Sum Guy[_2_] Sum Guy[_2_] is offline

Default Using PL-Premium (construction adhesive) to fill holes in tree trunks

I've found that PL-Premium (polyurethane construction adhesive) to be a
very durable, strong and water-proof glue for wood for all applications
(indoor and outdoor).

I just filled a couple of holes on the trunk of a silver maple that have
been formed by some sort of insect over the past maybe 6-months. The
hole is in the face of a limb-cut that I made a few years ago and had
painted with black pruning paint. I was surprised how deep the "rot"
was - I was able to push the plastic dispensing nozzle of the glue
cartridge all the way into down into the trunk.

So even though I've already done it, I'm wondering if anyone knows how
well this stuff works at filling holes in tree trunks to prevent further
rot and allow the tree to grow over and eventually cover exposed
heartwood.