Old 29-07-2010, 09:03 PM posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Using PL-Premium (construction adhesive) to fill holes in treetrunks

On Jul 29, 1:21*pm, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

Not the OP-- but here's why I want *my* silver maple. * It is 150
years old & has more character than I can afford to buy. * It also
shades the back of my house and my patio. * * * *

It is messy-- it drops limbs, seeds, buds, and leaves during the year.

But it also provides a few gallons of sweet maple syrup when the
spirit moves me to tap it.

How long does it take to boil it down, and where do you do it?