Old 08-08-2010, 10:52 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default How to keep tadpoles out of pump?

We get the odd goldfish or mosquito fish through our 1/2" solids
pump. Don't know how many don't make it. Our intake is a 1 1/2" pipe
in a 5 gal bucket with as many 1/2" holes as I could drill. The pull
per hole is very little. We have vegie filters, so there is no
filter in the intake. Things have fit through the 1/2" hole to get
into the pump. The intake is close to the bottom of the pond.

Jim