Old 09-08-2010, 10:30 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default How to keep tadpoles out of pump?

Pondmaster 2400gph. Seems to do well. I would have reached for the
3600, but they don't do it here any more as far as I can see. The
2400 is doing fine for us. I note that some versions seem to come
with a bladed entrance filter and a 'bag' to protect it. I would view
a mesh bag as an invitation to clog. The benefit of 1/2" holes in a 5
gal bucket is that they did not clog over a 10 yr period that I had
our old pump. The beauty of the pondmaster is that it can be used
submersed or not (We are doing 'not' so that we can replace it without
swimming!). The design also has just the impeller and so it is both
cheap and durable.

Others may have their favorites as well. I am less an advocate that a
pleased user.

Jim