Old 21-10-2010, 04:40 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveMins View Post
Hi, I'm new to gardening but trying to learn. I bought begonias as plug plants this year & have been really pleased with the enormous flowers we had. I grew them in pots because I was worried about slugs & the plants were much bigger than I expected. Anyway, they were still in bloom when the first frost struck so that's that. I think I have read about being able to save the plants (in a frost free place) & then grow them again next year. Is that right or have I got to throw away & buy new plants next year?
You are stuffed for this year, your begonias are already dead. Next season, if you want to try again, google "over-wintering begonias" for instructions. Then decide whether you can be bothered, or prefer to leave it to the professionals.