Old 22-10-2010, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Saving begonias

On 22/10/2010 08:06, FiveMins wrote:

It's really great to get so much advice offered, thanks. I am just south
of Manchester, near Macclesfield, so I don't know how the frost we
experienced compared to London etc. I have cut off all the growth that
was killed by the frost& the remaining plants seem to be still 'OK'. I
am going to take the advice& let my plants dry out& if I find that I
have got tubers then I can look after them as suggested.

Much colder down in the South than in Manchester. Apparently down to
-2.6°C in London, and around -5 or -6 a few miles north. Anyway, one
short frost is unlikely to see a decent tuber off.

If you have healthy tubers, there's no reason why they shouldn't survive
if kept frost-free and dry over winter.

--

Jeff