Old 26-10-2010, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Anyone know about Cylinder mowers (Suffolk Punch 35S)

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 19:58:44 +0100, Donnie wrote:

The only other option I can see is to sharpen the cylinder blades in
the machine?

Against the bottom blade, probably the best option. As I understand
it sharpening a cyliner outside of the machine needs a special jig to
ensure that the cylinder is properly centred and square in relation
to the sharpening tool. Get it only a fraction of centre and it'll
not cut well, off square you might be able to compensate for.

To a certain extent cylinder mowers are self sharpening. What state
are the blades, particulary the bottom one in?

--
Cheers
Dave.