Old 18-11-2010, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Nice find.

Repotting my Pleione orchids today, bit early but a friend in France wants
some and he's on his way back on Saturday, and to my surprise and delight I
found some self seeded Dactylorhiza in one large pan. Now repotted in the
existing old compost in their own pot. Will be interesting to see what the
flowers are like as they are again probably a cross between the two species
we have, D fuchsii and D maculata. The ones I found years ago seeded in an
old lily pot are superb, bigger than both species.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden