Old 27-01-2011, 11:08 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Flour & cement powder rat poison - queries

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:58:23 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 1/27/2011 9:59 AM, Harry K wrote:
On Jan 26, 3:31 pm, wrote:
wrote in message

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 04:58:22 -0800 (PST), Gas Bag
wrote:

I really would appreciate some advice. Thanks.

Never heard of that mixture before...

Cheap: build one of these. They work on mice and rats.

video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jezQKOl5q-w

A quick snap of the neck seems more humane to me.

Being "humane" is the reason I will never, ever use a 'glue trap'
again. One time was enough to turn my stomach.

Harry K

You should see what a rat trap does to a mouse. The look on the face
of the little mouse conveys extreme surprise and shocked disbelief
after the bar crushes its little backside. The last ultrasonic squeak
of WTF in mouse-speak is frozen in its tiny countenance forever or
until it is consumed by other smaller vermin or it desiccates and
eventually turns to dust. :-)

TDD

Speaking of "humane" disposition of rats and mice: Flour & cement
powder can't be an easy way to die.

A rat shows up in the local emergency room with a trap snapped around
his neck. No insurance or any papers.

The ER nurse exclaims: "You have to tell us what is wrong."