Old 28-01-2011, 01:45 AM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens

Default Flour & cement powder rat poison - queries

On 1/27/2011 5:58 PM, Bob Villa wrote:
On Jan 27, 5:39 pm, The Daring
wrote:
On 1/27/2011 5:08 PM, Oren wrote:

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:58:23 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 1/27/2011 9:59 AM, Harry K wrote:
On Jan 26, 3:31 pm, wrote:
wrote in message

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 04:58:22 -0800 (PST), Gas Bag
wrote:

I really would appreciate some advice. Thanks.

Never heard of that mixture before...

Cheap: build one of these. They work on mice and rats.

video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jezQKOl5q-w

A quick snap of the neck seems more humane to me.

Being "humane" is the reason I will never, ever use a 'glue trap'
again. One time was enough to turn my stomach.

Harry K

You should see what a rat trap does to a mouse. The look on the face
of the little mouse conveys extreme surprise and shocked disbelief
after the bar crushes its little backside. The last ultrasonic squeak
of WTF in mouse-speak is frozen in its tiny countenance forever or
until it is consumed by other smaller vermin or it desiccates and
eventually turns to dust. :-)

TDD

Speaking of "humane" disposition of rats and mice: Flour& cement
powder can't be an easy way to die.

A rat shows up in the local emergency room with a trap snapped around
his neck. No insurance or any papers.

The ER nurse exclaims: "You have to tell us what is wrong."

Back in the early 70's I had a handlebar on a Honda 750 snap off at
100mph. I hitched a ride to the emergency room and when I walked in,
a nurse rushed up to me and exclaimed "Oh my God you had a motorcycle
accident!" I answered "No lady I fell out of an airplane." She said
"Well come over here and fill out this paperwork." I was standing
there with blood dripping off the end of my fingers, my clothes were
tattered and bloody and my helmet looked like it had been pushed up
against a big grinding wheel at various angles. Another nurse walked
up and said to the first nurse "Shut up, put him in there." It was one
of the more interesting experiences in my life. :-)

TDD

100mph! That's where you get your name!

Yea, I passed a tractor trailer rig that was doing 80 and I was on foot. :-0

TDD