Old 06-02-2011, 01:09 PM
gingko gingko is offline
Registered User

Default Holly Trees Root Structure

Hi,

Does anyone know what type of root structure a common holy tree has? We've just moved and within 12 hours of moving in our neighbours had sent round their friendly tree surgeon to enquire if they could pay for our Holly to be removed. It is close to their property and apparently within 3 m of a drain. I know they are a slow growing species and this one is approx 25ft high. I obviously don't want their property to be damaged but didn't know if root system is deep and invasive or shallow and far reaching.

Thanks for any comments