Old 31-03-2011, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Small shady spot - what to plant?

"Lisap470" wrote in message

Hello

We have just moved into a new house and have inherited uncared for
gardens.
The back I'm not to worried about at the moment as it's a quite big and
mainly laid to lawn so with a bit of general housekeeping done to it and
a few summer pots it will soon look better.
It's the small patch out the front which needs sorting.
It's only about 4ft x 4ft and was a complete mass of weeds, which have
now been pulled out. It slopes slightly towards the house and has steps
on 2 sides. It's also west facing but is shaded from the south by the
storeroom so doesn't get hardly any sun.

I would ideally like to plant something there which can be left to
pretty much look after itself

Yourself. With a long cool drink.

Steve