Old 25-09-2011, 11:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Deadly Sloes? Help!

On 25/09/2011 18:16, stuart noble wrote:

I usually pick mine after the first frost. With this late burst of
weather they should be nice and sweet by then. It really does make a
difference IME
Must remember to get the gin and find some empty glass bottles from
somewhere. I hear vodka works well too.

I made mine last week, wanted to get them before the birds. Hardly got
any at all last year. Sloe gin and sloe rum. Tried vodka a couple of
years ago and it isn't as good as the other two in my opinion.
I just put the sloes into the freezer for a day or two to help break
down their pulp a little. Seems to work well. No need to prick them with
a needle as I've heard others suggest.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.