Old 05-10-2011, 11:14 PM
Plants_Galore Plants_Galore is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanPlanting View Post
I'm looking to plant some trees or plants in my garden that grow quickly and have the potential to grow tall (3 meters +). Any suggestions? I plan to buy some that are perhaps already 1 meter tall. Can I plant these now or do I need to wait until after the winter.

thanks
Autumn is a great time to plant trees and shrubs as they have a nice amount of time, with generally, sufficient rainfall, before the heavy winter frosts arrive.

If you are looking for hedging, photinia red robin is an ideal choice, with its lovely red foliage on the new growth and evergreen features. Pyracantha is another interesting evergreen shrub with the benefit of colourful berries in the autumn.

Cuppressus Totem are attractive column conifers for feature plants.

Just some ideas for you.
You don't have to be Shrek to have green fingers!
For great advice and quality plants visit http://plantsgaloreonline.co.uk or call us on: 01279 792 321