Old 06-10-2011, 12:52 PM
UrbanPlanting UrbanPlanting is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plants_Galore View Post
Autumn is a great time to plant trees and shrubs as they have a nice amount of time, with generally, sufficient rainfall, before the heavy winter frosts arrive.

If you are looking for hedging, photinia red robin is an ideal choice, with its lovely red foliage on the new growth and evergreen features. Pyracantha is another interesting evergreen shrub with the benefit of colourful berries in the autumn.

Cuppressus Totem are attractive column conifers for feature plants.

Just some ideas for you.
Thanks for the tips. I've made a note of those names and will see what they have at my local garden centre.
Container Gardening Sky Planter