Old 21-03-2012, 09:10 AM
BlackThumb BlackThumb is offline
Registered User

Location: England
Default Tips of camellia sinensis leaves are turning brown

Hello,

This is my first time posting here. I'm from the south-east of England. Could be East, depending on who's providing the weather news!

I received a camellia sinensis in the post. It's about 3-years old and came in a cardboard box with scrunched up newspaper to hold it in place. It looked healthy when I received it.

I have put it by a window that gets sun in the morning and last night I watered it a bit as the soil was dry, but I have noticed the very tips of the leaves are turning brown. I just went round the pot and put on about a couple of bottle lid fulls until there was no dry soil left.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thank you.