Old 21-03-2012, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Tips of camellia sinensis leaves are turning brown

On Mar 21, 9:10*am, BlackThumb wrote:
Hello,

This is my first time posting here. I'm from the south-east of England.
Could be East, depending on who's providing the weather news!

I received a camellia sinensis in the post. It's about 3-years old and
came in a cardboard box with scrunched up newspaper to hold it in place.
It looked healthy when I received it.

I have put it by a window that gets sun in the morning and last night I
watered it a bit as the soil was dry, but I have noticed the very tips
of the leaves are turning brown. I just went round the pot and put on
about a couple of bottle lid fulls until there was no dry soil left.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thank you.

--
BlackThumb

I would plunge the pot(With the plant still in it) into a bucket full
of water and let it soak for 10 to 15 mins then take it out and let it
drain then leave the plant outside, Camelias are outdoor plants.
David @ the wet end of Swansea bay