Old 21-03-2012, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tips of camellia sinensis leaves are turning brown

"BlackThumb" wrote in message

Hello,

This is my first time posting here. I'm from the south-east of England.
Could be East, depending on who's providing the weather news!

I received a camellia sinensis in the post. It's about 3-years old and
came in a cardboard box with scrunched up newspaper to hold it in place.
It looked healthy when I received it.

I have put it by a window that gets sun in the morning and last night I
watered it a bit as the soil was dry, but I have noticed the very tips
of the leaves are turning brown. I just went round the pot and put on
about a couple of bottle lid fulls until there was no dry soil left.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thank you.

--
BlackThumb

It wont like being indoors at all.

Are you sure its sinensis? that is not very ornamental, mostly just the
leaves for tea, its also not as hardy as Camellia japonica and its hybrids

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs