Old 05-04-2012, 08:58 PM
bloomingsunny bloomingsunny is offline
Registered User

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben View Post
Well, I tried a fungicide (dialkyldimethyl ammoniumchloride), or
'biocide' as they call it, which claims to work on fungi, mould, moss,
lichen, mildew and algae. Left on for 3 days then washed off as
directed. From all the warnings on the bottle it looks like nasty stuff
- shame the mould didn't seem to think so, its doing just fine :-(
Well Ben I am having the same problem. The cement lanai in the back of the house has had these black spots for the longest time. Pressure washing does not take them out,( they get a little lighter) . Tried chemicals, tried Clorox, but they just wore away at the layer of cement and now it's practically always gritty. I'm thinking possibly painting. Don't know what else to do!