Old 10-04-2012, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Fruit tree prices

On Apr 10, 6:18*pm, Rod wrote:
On Tuesday, 10 April 2012 17:24:41 UTC+1, David WE Roberts *wrote:

Just wandering through Homebase and they have containerised fruit trees, 2
for £20.

Now I don't usually trust HomeBase to be cheap for anything (especially if
Jamie Oliver branded) but Google sugests that £10 a tree is quite a
resonable price, with most bare rooted trees being slightly more.

Are these good value?

Thinking probably of a Victoria plum and a Bramley apple to go on the
allotment.

Cheers

Dave R
[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

I think I'd want a peek at the roots. I'd also want to know what the rootstocks were. 3-4ft isn't very big even for a maiden *apple tree on a typical dwarfing/semi-dwarfing rootstock like M106 or M26.

Rod- Hide quoted text -

More to the point, if you are going to plant them on your alotment, I
wonder.........
Are you allowed to plant trees
Are there any other fruit trees to polinate them, most apples are not
self pollinators
see http://www.shrubs.co.uk/fruit-tree-p...uide-419-c.asp