Old 11-04-2012, 11:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default Fruit tree prices

"mogga" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 17:24:41 +0100, "David WE Roberts"
wrote:

Just wandering through Homebase and they have containerised fruit trees, 2
for £20.

Now I don't usually trust HomeBase to be cheap for anything (especially if
Jamie Oliver branded) but Google sugests that £10 a tree is quite a
resonable price, with most bare rooted trees being slightly more.

Are these good value?

Thinking probably of a Victoria plum and a Bramley apple to go on the
allotment.

Cheers

Dave R

Aldi and lidl and morrisons are all about £4-5 a tree.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

Thanks - IIRC the trees in Aldi and Lidl have already been through (so
perhaps not again till next year) and they were significantly smaller than
these.
Will look at Morrisons but again I sem to recall much smaller treees.
I may have underestimated the height because I an trying to remember how
high they were and how far off the ground the roots were.
Another visit scheduled :-)

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)