Old 29-06-2012, 01:21 AM
lannerman lannerman is offline
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderCollie View Post
Hello everyone,

First time here and also first year of really getting interested in growing things, mostly edible things

In my garden I have a tree which I just noticed has a profusion of little purple berries, it has spiky leaves a bit like holly. I'm trying to find out if they are edible. The strange thing is the berries all have a little 'spike' on the opposite end to the stem. It's not a spike but a long thin bit of berry

Does anyone know what it could be?

Martin
looks to me like Berberis 'Darwinii'