Old 18-07-2012, 02:31 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
Jordan Legare Jordan Legare is offline

Default Chlorosis in Lemon seedlings

On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 14:41:18 +0000, SurfGirl
wrote:

Good morning!

This is the first time I manage to germinate a dozen of lemon seeds
(Citrus x Lemon) and now I have a dozen of seddlings. Actually they are
eleven 'cause one of them had die and I suspect about chlorosis.

Half of the remaining seedlings had all the symptoms of chlorosis:
leaves getting yellow and pale stem. This is really confusing for me
'cause I use the best substratum for my seeds and it has all the
specific nutrients for fruit plants.

I have 2 possible problems that may causes it:

1. In my country regular water supply is really "hard". I mean it has
high mineral content (Ca and Mg) so it may "block" the iron for
example.

2. Recently I had to fumigate my little apple due a caterpillars attack.
I've read that pesticides can cause chlorosis also.

Please, what can I do now to fix this mess?

Thanks for answering!

Maggs

Hi Maggs,
would you please provide a couple pictures of your
seedlings and a close-up on one of the leaves.

What temperature was the water?

Were the seedlings fully exposed to the sun?

How long was germination?

Please details substratum used?

Could we also have a look at the roots?

But..Hey!..you managed to grow Lemon seedlings..

Jordan