Old 19-09-2012, 02:21 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_6_] JB[_6_] is offline

Default Water turbine on a pond and waterfall

On 9/18/2012 6:52 AM, Jason C wrote:

Sounds like a science fair project to me!

No, I've not tried this method of generating electricity myself. What
were you thinking you might run off the power generated in this manner?
It definitely wouldn't be enough to power the pump that's running the
falls. If so, then it would appear that you're thinking of a variation
on a perpetual motion machine. ;-)

Lastly, I don't know why but having a larger body of water spill into a
smaller one seems like it may be problematic but I can't explain.
Perhaps it's because I don't recall seeing this configuration before.

Good luck and report back on your experiences.

JB