Old 14-02-2013, 11:33 AM
ExSpot ExSpot is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben View Post
A load of black circles about the size of a penny have appeared all over
my concrete garden path, obviously some kind of mould or fungus or
something. NOTHING seems to be able to get rid of them. Ordinary
potassium hydroxide patio cleaner, applied with a good stiff brush, has
no effect. Bleach, even applied neat with a stiff brush, has no effect.
I now have a path that looks cleaner than it did when it was new, but
the black spots are still there. Anyone able to suggest anything?

Incidentally, I've been looking around the neighbourhood and nobody else
has these, in fact I've never seen them before anywhere. Everyone else's
concrete paths have, to varying degrees, a uniform layer of black grime
that doesn't look too bad because its even, whereas the contrast I have
between clean concrete and black circles is rather unsightly.

Any suggestions?
[/quote] For Black Spots on your Patio, you need to buy Patio Black Spot Remover, from The Patio Black Spot Company Ltd ! Welcome to Patio Black Spot Removal. It is not cheap, but easy to use, with a pneumatic garden spray , HozeLock or similar, and a pressure washer. Not only does it kill and remove the Black Spots, it cleans and restores the Colour of the stone. Patio Black Spot Remover works on most stones, but is brilliant on Indian Sandstone. A gardener's dream. They also do a product which prevents the Black Spots coming back called, "Patio Black Spot Preventer". This you don't even have to wash off! Prepare to be amazed!