ride on lawn mowers

Old 25-05-2013, 07:41 PM

Question ride on lawn mowers

I have been given a 1997 murray ride on mower tractor by a widow, it has a 12.5 briggs & stratton engine and the only way it starts is by putting a spanner across the starter solenoid. It would appear that her husband had probblems with various switches ( seat and one or 2 others) and had not got them fixed. I would like to rewire the mower by doing away with the switches and just having it wired from the battery via a ignition switch to the solenoid and then to the starter motor similar to that of a car (morris minor). If this was to be done what problems am I likly to get other than no cut out eg safty
Old 07-05-2015, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by vancrasher View Post
I have been given a 1997 murray ride on mower tractor by a widow, it has a 12.5 briggs & stratton engine and the only way it starts is by putting a spanner across the starter solenoid. It would appear that her husband had probblems with various switches ( seat and one or 2 others) and had not got them fixed. I would like to rewire the mower by doing away with the switches and just having it wired from the battery via a ignition switch to the solenoid and then to the starter motor similar to that of a car (morris minor). If this was to be done what problems am I likly to get other than no cut out eg safty
Thats a very ambitious project, how did you get on?

Rate This Thread: