Old 05-04-2003, 07:35 AM
Yau-ming Chiam

Default Daisy bush

http://www.bhg.com.au/gardening.nsf/...+-+Argyranthem
um

Hello,

I have a slight problem with the Margurite Daisy shurb. The pink variety, my
favorite always seems to suffer badly in January. The flower's blooms, once
massive in Spring and early Summer, have all died by now and the plant's new
shoots get scorced by the sun.

http://www.federationdaisies.co.nz/v...summitpink.htm

The only solution I can think of is to do a heavy prune in mid Spring
(September?) so that by December the plant will be having its first
blooms...

Does anyone else have a good solution for this?

Cheers!

Old 05-04-2003, 07:35 AM
Dwayne

You might try planting/transplanting them so they arent in the afternoon sun
at least from 2 to dark. Most flowers will survive with 6 to 8 hours of
sun. Most catalogs will tell you that the term they use ,"full sun", means
6 yo 8 hours. There may be some exceptions. Good luck. Dwayne

Old 05-04-2003, 07:35 AM
Yau-ming Chiam

The bushes aren't in pots are the fresh seedling variety. Usually they are
two year old plants. They just don't seem to survive a 2nd or 3rd Summer.