do zinnias self-seed?

Old 05-04-2003, 06:36 AM
Jane VR

Default do zinnias self-seed?

John Savage wrote:

I like growing marigolds because I don't have to buy many seedlings,
plants come up from the previous year and I just dig them up and plant
where I want them to be. Can I expect the same to happen with zinnias?

Any other hardy flowers that selfseed that you could recommend for
someone who really isn't a flower grower at heart?

I don't know about zinnias. Alyssum and portulaca self-seed for me.

Old 05-04-2003, 06:36 AM
Andrew G

om...

--
John Savage (for email, replace "ks" with "k" and delete "n")

Not sure about the Zinnia's, but I would lean towards yest, they do self
seed.
Paper Daisies aren't too bad either if you want something self seeding

--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply

Old 05-04-2003, 06:36 AM
Trevor Woods

On Tue, 04 Feb 2003 19:47:09 GMT, John Savage wrote:

I like growing marigolds because I don't have to buy many seedlings,
plants come up from the previous year and I just dig them up and plant
where I want them to be. Can I expect the same to happen with zinnias?

Any other hardy flowers that selfseed that you could recommend for
someone who really isn't a flower grower at heart?

Californian Poppies will do that. I've got a flower bed where they come
up in abundance every spring.

Trevor