Old 05-04-2003, 07:36 AM
Jane VR

Default do zinnias self-seed?

John Savage wrote:

I like growing marigolds because I don't have to buy many seedlings,
plants come up from the previous year and I just dig them up and plant
where I want them to be. Can I expect the same to happen with zinnias?

Any other hardy flowers that selfseed that you could recommend for
someone who really isn't a flower grower at heart?

I don't know about zinnias. Alyssum and portulaca self-seed for me.

Old 05-04-2003, 07:36 AM
Andrew G

om...

--
John Savage (for email, replace "ks" with "k" and delete "n")

Not sure about the Zinnia's, but I would lean towards yest, they do self
seed.
Paper Daisies aren't too bad either if you want something self seeding

--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply

Old 05-04-2003, 07:36 AM
Trevor Woods

On Tue, 04 Feb 2003 19:47:09 GMT, John Savage wrote:

I like growing marigolds because I don't have to buy many seedlings,
plants come up from the previous year and I just dig them up and plant
where I want them to be. Can I expect the same to happen with zinnias?

Any other hardy flowers that selfseed that you could recommend for
someone who really isn't a flower grower at heart?

Californian Poppies will do that. I've got a flower bed where they come
up in abundance every spring.

Trevor

Sowing zinnias & sunflowers in large patches [email protected] Gardening 16 14-04-2009 07:13 AM
loss of color in zinnias jj Gardening 2 03-09-2006 01:42 PM
Newbie: Potting Zinnias, Plants Now Poorly Mike United Kingdom 8 16-04-2005 10:14 AM
Deadheading Zinnias????? TOM KAN PA Gardening 3 21-07-2004 05:02 AM
Zinnias, do I deadhead old blooms? Michael Volow North Carolina 1 02-06-2003 07:32 PM