Old 08-05-2006, 09:10 PM posted to aus.gardens
g len

Default whipper snipper

g'day sandgroper,

any tool is only as good as the person using it, yes the very tip of the
nylon is what is designed to do the work once you learn usually by watching
what is happening as you work you will get adept at adjust for nylon wear as
you cut.

just to get the idea when next the machine is started work the head in
toward the material to be cut you will see when the tip is working. in all
cases i would not recommend tap-n-go heads, to me they take away the hands
on of the user and are very line wastefull, plus as they are designed to be
contacted with the ground they wear out and as they have moving parts they
are prone to failure, my policy as always in all things keep it simple.

--
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

snipped

Old 09-05-2006, 12:39 AM posted to aus.gardens
Terry Collins

g len wrote:

just to get the idea when next the machine is started work the head in
toward the material to be cut you will see when the tip is working.

I've used a couple of brands and both had this wonderful effect on a
leftward swing. cut beautifully. Rightwards was rubbish.

in all cases i would not recommend tap-n-go heads, to me they take
away the hands on of the user and are very line wastefull,

I prefer the tap and go as all I ever had to do tap the head to get more
line. If you are working in a mixed environment with thick, rocks,
rubbish, etc, the tap-and-go head certainly saved downtime. but then,
our cord came on a large real.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:39 AM posted to aus.gardens
g len

all to do with rotation i think terry,

i find that also, i usually work from righ to left.

working around rocks a bit trickier but still reckon i'll get beeter milage
out of my laine on the manual head, comes down to practise of getting the
tip of the cord to cut the grass etc.,.

--
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://mywebsite.bigpond.com/gardenlen2/
snipped our cord came on a large real.

Old 10-05-2006, 10:07 AM posted to aus.gardens
SyrianPrince

I was told by a dealer- believe it or not - to soak the reel of line in
water for 24 hours before use. I tried it once and the jury is still out on
the effectiveness... my leaning is towards using the tool well as gardenlen
describes
love and peace
SyrianPrince
"Jock" wrote in message
I have the Husky 125L and use 2.5 mm line. (red).
Use it long and don't let it get less that 50mm in length.
Thicker line fractures in the feed hole if you get too close to bricks,
rocks & stuff. Just remember to keep it long and fast. Thinner line
disappears too fast as well.
Jock

Old 13-05-2006, 02:19 PM posted to aus.gardens

Thats simple

Your using cheap garbage line

Track down some Oregon brand star line and your prayers are anwsered

Cheers

L/H

any whipper-snipper experts here? John Savage Australia 16 01-05-2010 12:29 AM
whipper snipper problem mickfarrell United Kingdom 0 05-05-2004 11:30 PM
Which Line trimmer/whipper Snipper? PandA Australia 3 25-08-2003 06:42 AM
Whipper Snippers peep Australia 7 22-04-2003 02:08 PM
Line Trimmer/Whipper Snipper Advice Digger Australia 3 05-04-2003 07:33 AM