Old 16-01-2010, 12:20 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Global Warming & Climate Change

The globe has heated and cooled in the past without help from mankind. It
will continue to do so in the future. I am not so egotistical as to claim
that I am responsible for this.

The climate is in a constant state of flux. Do not confuse climate with
everyday weather. The climate is the total of these weather events, not a
single year or decade even.

The problem lies when folk confuse the two. Global warming may be influenced
by climate change, or is it climate change influenced by global warming????

What scientists and real people have confused is that our current climate is
the ONLY one. That is a false premise as has been shown by ice cores and
other stuff.

Be of an open mind but not so open that your brains fall out. There is room
in this world for both ayes and nayes. Treat the person with a contrary view
as a person, not a subject for derision. I am now stepping down from
soapbox.

Old 16-01-2010, 01:02 AM posted to aus.gardens

Youre OK too.

I just hate it when science, which at times is inexact, is stated to be
exact and that its used by charletans, who may happen to be scientists,
or paying scientist to mislead us to some degree.
Examples are rife, and my suspicions on Swine flu appear to verify that
scientists will get things wrong for economical reasons.
Anyone want to buy 60 Million does of swine flu vaccine from the UK?
Or our Aussie batches which were just about to run out of use by date?
AI never saw it as a chance to personally attack anyone, we can all be
misled, and public opinion isnt right just because every one says it is.
So it must be right according to some.
Witch hunts were also public opinion.
We need to be careful.
I'm pleased that some are seeing some common sense.
There are other issues that need addressing.

On 16/01/2010 10:20 AM, SG1 wrote:
The globe has heated and cooled in the past without help from mankind. It
will continue to do so in the future. I am not so egotistical as to claim
that I am responsible for this.

The climate is in a constant state of flux. Do not confuse climate with
everyday weather. The climate is the total of these weather events, not a
single year or decade even.

The problem lies when folk confuse the two. Global warming may be influenced
by climate change, or is it climate change influenced by global warming????

The difference:
http://www.scholarsandrogues.com/200...er-vs-climate/