Old 05-02-2010, 04:01 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Thought you ought to know...

Winter report from Europe...
Holland to be exact... Global warming on the increase?

After almost six weeks of uninterrupted snow, ice, sleet and hail,
supplies of road grit are almost completely exhausted.
Several provinces, including North Holland, are only gritting main roads
and bus lanes. The authorities hope that the shortage of road grit will
not lead to entire areas being cut-off from the rest of the world.

It's far colder now than it was when the weather took a turn for the
worse in December. The snow is sticking to the ice-cold asphalt and many
roads are dangerously slippery. During the Monday morning rush hour,
dozens of motorists in the centre of the country gave up and parked on
the verge because it was just too dangerous to continue.

Monday’s rush hour was a record breaker - the 500 kilometres of
tailbacks and traffic jams made it the busiest since the beginning of
winter. Monday morning was also one of the busiest days on the roads
ever. This week saw a rare weather event as well - an Arctic depression
and storm, accompanied by lightning and temperatures of -40 degrees
Celsius, hovered over the sea just off the Dutch coast. The last time
that happened was in 1979.

*Incidents
*Fortunately, there haven’t been many serious incidents. Just one person
has been killed in a weather-related incident since winter set in with a
vengeance. Other countries, including Poland, Great Britain and Germany,
have reported numerous weather-related deaths.

The first few days of snow and freezing temperatures caused havoc on the
railways but the trains appear to have become accustomed to the cold and
although the rail companies aren't running as many trains as normal,
most of them are running almost on time.

*Limits
*Many people appear to have reached their psychological limit, not only
because of the daily problems but also because they have finally
realised that the cold and ice is going to stick around for quite a long
while. The joy that greeted the first flurries of snow and the news that
the Netherlands would have its first white Christmas for decades has
long gone.

Meteorologists say January was the coldest month so far this century and
the first with an average temperature below zero. Weather experts are
also predicting that the snow and ice will continue for the coming week.

*Trends
*Ever increasing numbers of people are wondering whether this is the
beginning of a trend instead of an unusual event. People are wondering
whether winter weather records will be broken, year after year after
year and if the sight of pack ice drifting ashore along the banks of the
IJsselmeer will become ordinary.

It is quite likely that it will become quite ordinary to hear people
complaining about the weather and longing for a return to the good old
days of the late 20th century, when the winters were short and mild.

Bring back global warming I reckon Think warm feel cold?

Old 07-02-2010, 03:20 PM posted to aus.gardens

Jonno wrote:
Winter report from Europe...
Holland to be exact... Global warming on the increase?

Yep, fits right in.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:14 PM posted to aus.gardens
PC PC is offline

On 8/02/2010 2:20 AM, Terryc wrote:
Jonno wrote:
Winter report from Europe...
Holland to be exact... Global warming on the increase?

Yep, fits right in.

Show me....You know it doesnt.
It creates problems for the supposed increase in temperature.
The ABC greenies keep coming up with old weather reports of late.
How many greenies does it take to take over the world?
Its not going to have world to take over if they dont wake up to themselves.
But their swimming pools will be nicely heated.
Washington snowed in under two foot of snow.Europe starting its own ice
age, scientists guessing and using any numbers from anyone to try
convince people who dont believe their snake oil salesman ship.
Polar bears eating their young. A well known naturologist reported a few
weeks ago that male bears will do that normally.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:45 PM posted to aus.gardens

Terryc wrote:
Jonno wrote:
Winter report from Europe...
Holland to be exact... Global warming on the increase?

Yep, fits right in.

Sure does :-)

For a multi-alias propagandist who doesn't understand the difference between
climate and weather.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:30 PM posted to aus.gardens
PC PC is offline

On 8/02/2010 9:45 AM, David Hare-Scott wrote:
Terryc wrote:
Jonno wrote:
Winter report from Europe...
Holland to be exact... Global warming on the increase?

Yep, fits right in.

Sure does :-)

For a multi-alias propagandist who doesn't understand the difference
between climate and weather.

Show me?
Now it seems I've gone up in the world. Thank you for your apparent
attempt at explaining what I do. I didnt realise. What a relief...
Weather and climate They are both interelated, and the argument
is over you said... I use the interchangeble. You like to jump in it to
ridicule. When people loose they often resort to this method. I dont
think youre very nice!

Just because you only know how to use one computer, I use a few...As i
explained before, otherwise I would deny the fact.

You who doesnt WISH to understand why scientists need to explain, also
appear to haul in a few names but you dont tell....

There is NO need for carbon credits as CO2 effects stop being effective
and cannot increase its effects after its reached a certain level. What
part of that dont you understand?
What part cant you understand? Are you all that bright?

O boy, if you could only read and understand.
Try again... Youve failed miserably in the past.
BTW this garden.aud is part of the intranet, and as such is seen over
quite a large network ALL over the world....
I dont see to many disagreeing besides self interested people.
Whereas I have no pecuniary interest...

The sole support for AGW is the climate models, and the sole support for the

climate models with respect to CO2 is the forcing parameter.

There is no actual physical rational for the forcing parameter, because
it was simply

contrived from the assumption that observed warming of 0.6°C was due
entirely to a 100ppmv

increase in atmospheric CO2 concentration.

There was never any verification of this parameter either by theory or
observation.

There is no justification for this parameter based on the physical
properties of CO2,

because the molecular configuration of the CO2 molecule precludes any
significant effect

from CO2 beyond a concentration of 300ppmv, and the current
concentration is 386ppmv.

What this means in laymans terms is:
even if we double the CURRENT CO2 concentrations, warming wouldnt double triple or otherwise increase.
It stays the SAME as it is now. I can see that we cannot easily reduce the carbon level.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:38 PM posted to aus.gardens
PC PC is offline

Terryc wrote:
Jonno wrote:
Winter report from Europe...
Holland to be exact... Global warming on the increase?

Yep, fits right in.

Sure does :-)

For a multi-alias propagandist who doesn't understand the difference
between climate and weather.

Show me?
Let the scientist beat each other up over this.
We spotted a rat.. You havent a clue. Where do You get tyour
information? Same place as we all do....

But now it seems I've gone up in the world. Thank you for your apparent
attempt at explaining what I do. I didnt realise. What a relief...
Weather and climate They are both interelated, and the argument
is over you said... I use the interchangeble. You like to jump in it to
ridicule. When people loose, they often resort to this method. I dont
think youre very nice! Your mummy should have spanked you a little more.

Just because you only know how to use one computer, I use a few
names...As I explained before, otherwise I would deny the fact.
You also appear to haul in a few names but you dont tell....

Old 08-02-2010, 11:40 AM posted to aus.gardens

--

It does seem weird, but colder conditions are just as normal as hotter
conditions as a result of global warming. It is the heat that drives the

Old 08-02-2010, 12:44 PM posted to aus.gardens

Dan wrote:
"Jonno" wrote in message
[...]

I guess rationalising a natural happening floats your boat , I remember
in the 70's we used to get huge rainfall here in Brizvegas just like the
last few days , maybe things are returning to normal
Old 10-02-2010, 02:47 AM posted to aus.gardens

Jonno wrote:
Winter report from Europe...
Holland to be exact... Global warming on the increase?

Yep, fits right in.

Show me....You know it doesnt.
It creates problems for the supposed increase in temperature.

Nope, Global Warming really means that the amount of energy flowing n
the global climate has increased, Therefore we are more likely to
encounter weather EXTREMES. GW does not, counter to popular belief mean
increased temeperature, or even increased average temeperatures.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:49 AM posted to aus.gardens

PC wrote:

Weather and climate They are both interelated, and the argument
is over you said... I use the interchangeble.

interrelated =/= interchangeable.
And no, there is a relationship, but it isn't reversible.

Old 10-02-2010, 02:54 AM posted to aus.gardens

atec 77 wrote:

I guess rationalising a natural happening floats your boat , I remember
in the 70's we used to get huge rainfall here in Brizvegas just like the
last few days , maybe things are returning to normal

Funny you should say that, buy my back door frame adjusted itself
overnight and now, after taking out the hinge packing, it is closable
and lockable just like when it was installed.

We are on piers on clay, not a slab, so this means the recent heavy
rains have raised the water content of the claybased soil under my house.

To me, flooding on the NSW north coas was just a regular event.