Old 18-08-2010, 08:40 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default A contradictory start to spring

I've been cutting asparagus for 3 weeks already, normally it doesn't start
til next week. Many evergreen trees are shooting but the deciduous fruit
trees are just budding. There is very little growth in the pasture. I have
one artichoke that has produced its first bud but not the rest. It's the
secret atom bomb tests I tell you .....

David

PS
How can both parties spend so much advertising content-free campaigns? I am
getting RSI of the mute-button finger. Saturday cannot come soon enough.

Old 18-08-2010, 09:11 AM posted to aus.gardens

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 16:40:49 +1000, "David Hare-Scott" wrote:

I've been cutting asparagus for 3 weeks already, normally it doesn't start
til next week. Many evergreen trees are shooting but the deciduous fruit
trees are just budding. There is very little growth in the pasture. I have
one artichoke that has produced its first bud but not the rest. It's the
secret atom bomb tests I tell you .....

Spring here too; amongst other things, the mulberry is almost covered in
leaf already, and the Thai eggplants are flowering. My chili plants
didn't stop flowering through winter, again. Walking into Toronto today,
there were lots of flowering weeds attracting the insects, which in turn
attracted the wrens and firetails.

But at least the grass hasn't noticed yet; I should have a little more
time to get more of it covered in paper / cardboard and mulch.

PS
How can both parties spend so much advertising content-free campaigns? I am
getting RSI of the mute-button finger. Saturday cannot come soon enough.

You need a PVR, so that you can hit the time-shift button and walk away,
then return a little later to fast-forward through the ads. Or just
stick to the AB-frickin-C.
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"It's not the right time to be sober,
Old 19-08-2010, 03:53 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Ross McKay" wrote in message
[...]

Mutter, mutter, grumble. Still as cold as charity here and no sign of
anything Spring like other than a slight swellign buds on things and some
jonquils.

PS
How can both parties spend so much advertising content-free campaigns? I
am
getting RSI of the mute-button finger. Saturday cannot come soon enough.

You need a PVR, so that you can hit the time-shift button and walk away,
then return a little later to fast-forward through the ads. Or just
stick to the AB-frickin-C.

I voted weeks ago so as far as I'm concerned, it's all over and long dead
and now, all Parties are just givning me the shits with their appalling
negativity (especially the Libs who haven't had even one positive thing to
say).

Old 19-08-2010, 08:15 AM posted to aus.gardens

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
I've been cutting asparagus for 3 weeks already, normally it doesn't start
til next week. Many evergreen trees are shooting but the deciduous fruit
trees are just budding. There is very little growth in the pasture. I
have one artichoke that has produced its first bud but not the rest. It's
the secret atom bomb tests I tell you .....

David

PS
How can both parties spend so much advertising content-free campaigns? I
am getting RSI of the mute-button finger. Saturday cannot come soon
enough.

I told you not to do that deal with the CIA. Those tests are not so secret
any more. I know you will neither confirm nor deny the deal......

Old 19-08-2010, 08:45 AM posted to aus.gardens

SG1 wrote:
"David wrote in message
I've been cutting asparagus for 3 weeks already, normally it doesn't start
til next week. Many evergreen trees are shooting but the deciduous fruit
trees are just budding. There is very little growth in the pasture. I
have one artichoke that has produced its first bud but not the rest. It's
the secret atom bomb tests I tell you .....

David

PS
How can both parties spend so much advertising content-free campaigns? I
am getting RSI of the mute-button finger. Saturday cannot come soon
enough.

I told you not to do that deal with the CIA. Those tests are not so secret
any more. I know you will neither confirm nor deny the deal......

and if he does, you'll have to kill him ?

--
Anne Chambers
South Australia

anne dot chambers at bigpond dot com