Old 13-12-2010, 03:23 AM posted to aus.gardens,rec.gardens

Default Pictures of life in summer

For those who may be interested in some of the things around my place or
just up to their waist in snow and looking for a door into summer.

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j444/HareScott/

Can anybody name the orange/red flower? It is a vigorous scrambling
evergreen climber.

If there is any interest expressed I will post more.

David

Old 13-12-2010, 04:33 AM posted to aus.gardens,rec.gardens

David Hare-Scott wrote:
For those who may be interested in some of the things around my place or
just up to their waist in snow and looking for a door into summer.

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j444/HareScott/

Can anybody name the orange/red flower? It is a vigorous scrambling
evergreen climber.

If there is any interest expressed I will post more.

David

Looks like a Bignonia to me . B.capensis? Cape Honeysuckle?

Love your photos, David. My faves are the Pied Butcherbird and the
lovely Jersey cow looking seductively over her shoulder. More please!

--
Trish Brown {|:-}

Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Old 13-12-2010, 04:37 AM posted to aus.gardens,rec.gardens

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

For those who may be interested in some of the things around my place or
just up to their waist in snow and looking for a door into summer.

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j444/HareScott/

Can anybody name the orange/red flower? It is a vigorous scrambling
evergreen climber.

Tecoma capensis

If there is any interest expressed I will post more.

More, please. Especially Jerseys!
Old 13-12-2010, 11:46 AM posted to aus.gardens,rec.gardens

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
For those who may be interested in some of the things around my place or
just up to their waist in snow and looking for a door into summer.

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j444/HareScott/

I love the pic of Mootilda in mid cud chew!!! She is a lovely looking girl.
Dry by the look of her. When is she due?

And that head (shape, eye, colour) on the chook looks very Australorp like
but I can now see those red feathers and they aren't Australorp like. She
look like she'll do the job though.

Old 13-12-2010, 11:03 PM posted to aus.gardens,rec.gardens

FarmI wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
For those who may be interested in some of the things around my
place or just up to their waist in snow and looking for a door into
summer. http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j444/HareScott/

I love the pic of Mootilda in mid cud chew!!! She is a lovely
looking girl. Dry by the look of her. When is she due?

Yes she is dry. That is the problem, she isn't due, she is just fat! We
have no practical way to put her on a diet nor put a suitable bull over her.
All our agisters (who thought we were wonderful during drought) have
abandoned us. Anybody with a 1/4 acre of dirt can feed a horse right now.
So where we would like to have 10 horses (and could feed 16 for the summer)
we have 3 horses and a cow. So they are all fat.

And that head (shape, eye, colour) on the chook looks very Australorp
like but I can now see those red feathers and they aren't Australorp
like. She look like she'll do the job though.

I will try to get some shots of all 4 girls for the knowledgable to
critique.

David

Old 14-12-2010, 07:48 AM posted to aus.gardens,rec.gardens

FarmI wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
For those who may be interested in some of the things around my
place or just up to their waist in snow and looking for a door into
summer. http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j444/HareScott/

I love the pic of Mootilda in mid cud chew!!! She is a lovely
looking girl. Dry by the look of her. When is she due?

Yes she is dry. That is the problem, she isn't due, she is just fat! We
have no practical way to put her on a diet nor put a suitable bull over
her.

Ah bugger! A.I. isnt' all it's cracked up to be either. And you don't want
a fat girl giving birth either.

All our agisters (who thought we were wonderful during drought) have
abandoned us. Anybody with a 1/4 acre of dirt can feed a horse right now.
So where we would like to have 10 horses (and could feed 16 for the
summer) we have 3 horses and a cow. So they are all fat.

Yup. You should see our grass! The girls are disappearring.

And that head (shape, eye, colour) on the chook looks very Australorp
like but I can now see those red feathers and they aren't Australorp
like. She look like she'll do the job though.

I will try to get some shots of all 4 girls for the knowledgable to
critique.

I'd like to see them, but as you said, all you need is laying fowl which
will do the job.