Old 13-05-2012, 08:14 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Gardening OZ

Is there anyone out there whoactually likes the walking shag pile carpet
that now heads the show???? I have turned off......

Old 27-05-2012, 01:28 PM posted to aus.gardens
anm anm is offline

On Sun, 13 May 2012 16:14:14 +1000, SG1 wrote:

Is there anyone out there who actually likes the walking shag pile

carpet
that now heads the show???? I have turned off......

Yes; I like him.
I presume you are upset because he is being spoken to about being a
nutritional coach for Essendon?
Old 27-05-2012, 11:16 PM posted to aus.gardens

"anm" wrote in message
b.com...
On Sun, 13 May 2012 16:14:14 +1000, SG1 wrote:

Is there anyone out there who actually likes the walking shag pile

carpet
that now heads the show???? I have turned off......

Yes; I like him.
I presume you are upset because he is being spoken to about being a
nutritional coach for Essendon?

Well they could live for a week or 2 from the debris in the carpet.

Old 28-05-2012, 04:23 AM posted to aus.gardens

On 13/05/12 16:14, SG1 wrote:
Is there anyone out there whoactually likes the walking shag pile carpet
that now heads the show???? I have turned off......

In the past, I had watched his show on the other channel, but after a
while it became very, very repetitive. I was rather surprised when the
ABC took him on. No new ideas, just poach whatever they can.

In any case, I find the show very light on content and I usually have
far better things to do.

I can overcome my preferences in hair/beard styles if the information
content makes it worthwhile.

Old 28-05-2012, 03:06 PM posted to aus.gardens

"SG1" wrote in message
Is there anyone out there whoactually likes the walking shag pile carpet
that now heads the show???? I have turned off......

I'm enjoying his hosting so far. I've enjoyed all of the anchor persons but
I find Costa's approach (whihc I assume ahs determined the latest direction
of the show) quite itneresting. I like the sort of places that have been
visited since he's taken over - I'm more into trying to eat out of my garden
than have a showplace garden with well trimmed edges.

Old 29-05-2012, 05:45 AM posted to aus.gardens

On 29/05/12 07:42, SG1 wrote:

"atec77" "atec77 wrote in message

Costa at times can be interesting but I wish someone would take the
shears to him before the cooties finish the job

Wonder how he would look with flames everywhere????

Just gimp* his black hair red and orange.

*photoshop for the windows slaves.

Old 31-05-2012, 05:38 AM posted to aus.gardens

On 28/05/2012 11:06 PM, Farm1 wrote:
wrote in message
Is there anyone out there whoactually likes the walking shag pile carpet
that now heads the show???? I have turned off......

I'm enjoying his hosting so far. I've enjoyed all of the anchor persons
but
I find Costa's approach (whihc I assume ahs determined the latest
direction
of the show) quite itneresting. I like the sort of places that have been
visited since he's taken over - I'm more into trying to eat out of my
garden
than have a showplace garden with well trimmed edges.

Costa at times can be interesting but I wish someone would take the shears
to him before the cooties finish the job

That comment sounds just like my reactionary father. He used to say the
same thing about one of my hairy boyfriends from my dim distant youth.

That hairy boyfriend means that I know how to spot clean hair and beards on
very hairy males. If the hair shines, it's clean. Costa's hair and beard
is scrupulously clean. I wish I could say the same thing about the skin of
some middle aged bald pates I've seen.

Old 31-05-2012, 07:49 AM posted to aus.gardens

On 31/05/12 13:38, Farm1 wrote:

That comment sounds just like my reactionary father. He used to say the
same thing about one of my hairy boyfriends from my dim distant youth.

That hairy boyfriend means that I know how to spot clean hair and beards on
very hairy males. If the hair shines, it's clean. Costa's hair and beard
is scrupulously clean. I wish I could say the same thing about the skin of
some middle aged bald pates I've seen.

On TV?, probbly powdered to prevent it doing that.

In any case I learnt long ago that not all learning comes nicely packaged.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:11 AM posted to aus.gardens

terryc wrote:
On 31/05/12 13:38, Farm1 wrote:

That comment sounds just like my reactionary father. He used to say
the same thing about one of my hairy boyfriends from my dim distant
youth. That hairy boyfriend means that I know how to spot clean hair and
beards on very hairy males. If the hair shines, it's clean. Costa's hair
and beard is scrupulously clean. I wish I could say
the same thing about the skin of some middle aged bald pates I've
seen.

On TV?, probbly powdered to prevent it doing that.

In any case I learnt long ago that not all learning comes nicely
packaged.

Nah. The Prime Minister's policies are wrong because her arse is too big.
Or so I have been told by people who ought to know. The same logic tells us
the leader of the opposition cannot be right because his ears flap in a wind
and he wears budgie smugglers. No doubt Costa could gain a bunch of IQ
points by shaving.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:29 AM posted to aus.gardens

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
terryc wrote:
On 31/05/12 13:38, Farm1 wrote:

[...]

No sure about the IQ but would be a darn sight easier on the eyes.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:45 AM posted to aus.gardens

"terryc" wrote in message
On 31/05/12 13:38, Farm1 wrote:

That comment sounds just like my reactionary father. He used to say the
same thing about one of my hairy boyfriends from my dim distant youth.

That hairy boyfriend means that I know how to spot clean hair and beards
on
very hairy males. If the hair shines, it's clean. Costa's hair and
beard
is scrupulously clean. I wish I could say the same thing about the skin
of
some middle aged bald pates I've seen.

On TV?, probbly powdered to prevent it doing that.

No, when I wrote that I wasn't thinking of bald pates I've seen on TV.

In any case I learnt long ago that not all learning comes nicely packaged.

True. Some of it comes in butt ugly packaging ;-))

Old 01-06-2012, 09:48 AM posted to aus.gardens

terryc wrote:
On 31/05/12 13:38, Farm1 wrote:

That comment sounds just like my reactionary father. He used to say
the same thing about one of my hairy boyfriends from my dim distant
youth. That hairy boyfriend means that I know how to spot clean hair and
beards on very hairy males. If the hair shines, it's clean. Costa's
hair and beard is scrupulously clean. I wish I could say
the same thing about the skin of some middle aged bald pates I've
seen.

On TV?, probbly powdered to prevent it doing that.

In any case I learnt long ago that not all learning comes nicely
packaged.

Nah. The Prime Minister's policies are wrong because her arse is too big.

LOL.

Or so I have been told by people who ought to know. The same logic tells
us the leader of the opposition cannot be right because his ears flap in a
wind and he wears budgie smugglers.

Here was I thinking he wasn't too bright because of his desperate hunt to
possess the poisoned chalice that would apply to anyone in the PMs position
in the current House. If he was brighter he might just sit back and wait
till he can get a clear majority.

No doubt Costa could gain a bunch of IQ
points by shaving.

Dunno 'bout that. His hairness makes one notice how nice his eyes are, says
she dragging her toe through the sand.........

Old 13-06-2012, 12:29 AM posted to aus.gardens

On Mon, 28 May 2012 12:23:39 +1000, terryc
wrote:

On 13/05/12 16:14, SG1 wrote:
Is there anyone out there whoactually likes the walking shag pile carpet
that now heads the show???? I have turned off......

In the past, I had watched his show on the other channel, but after a
while it became very, very repetitive.

Agree with that, I thought his first series was interesting - more
about the 'nuts and bolts' of gardening... then it sorta drifted off
on community gardens ad nauseam.

I was rather surprised when the
ABC took him on. No new ideas, just poach whatever they can.

In any case, I find the show very light on content and I usually have
far better things to do.

Haven't watched it as yet, may never get around to it. I'd much rather
listen to Peter Cundall every Saturday morning on ABC Northern Tas.

I can overcome my preferences in hair/beard styles if the information
content makes it worthwhile.

Doesn't worry me in the least.
Old 13-06-2012, 12:32 AM posted to aus.gardens

wrote:

Is there anyone out there whoactually likes the walking shag pile carpet
that now heads the show???? I have turned off......

Are you related to Flo Bjelkie Peterson or Esme Watson by any chance?
Old 15-06-2012, 07:23 AM posted to aus.gardens

On 13/06/12 08:29, Jeßus wrote:

I can overcome my preferences in hair/beard styles if the information
content makes it worthwhile.

Doesn't worry me in the least.

Oh good {:-)}}} and no it isn't costa and pre dates him for decades.