Old 05-11-2012, 11:55 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default OK Jeßus

Why did you leave that spot? It lookd gorgeous and I'm sure the weather
would have been better than in Tassie.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:45 PM posted to aus.gardens

On Tue, 6 Nov 2012 10:55:21 +1100, "Farm1"
wrote:

Why did you leave that spot? It lookd gorgeous and I'm sure the weather
would have been better than in Tassie.

Was only renting and way beyond my budget (house I was renting was for
sale at around $800K at the time) and ultimately I really wanted to
get as far away as possible from the rat-race. Kiama suited me at the
time for a few reasons.

IMO there are few places left on the mainland that suit my needs these
days (by my standards). I also much prefer the climate here, most
things I'm interested in eating (be that animal or vegetable)
grow/live here perfectly well. Good clean food is essential to me. My
food comes from my property, hunted or trading with friends - NOT from
a supermarket. I have pure water coming down from the mountains in my
stream, I have all the rainwater I need.

It's cheaper. There's less people. Less government interference.

Just less shit in general
Old 11-11-2012, 11:28 PM posted to aus.gardens

On 12/11/12 08:45, Jeßus wrote:

IMO there are few places left on the mainland that suit my needs these
days (by my standards). I also much prefer the climate here, most
things I'm interested in eating (be that animal or vegetable)
grow/live here perfectly well. Good clean food is essential to me. My
food comes from my property, hunted or trading with friends - NOT from
a supermarket. I have pure water coming down from the mountains in my
stream, I have all the rainwater I need.

It's cheaper. There's less people. Less government interference.

Just less shit in general

I hope your health keeps up and you live a long time to enjoy it.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:32 AM posted to aus.gardens

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 10:28:35 +1100, terryc
wrote:

On 12/11/12 08:45, Jeßus wrote:

IMO there are few places left on the mainland that suit my needs these
days (by my standards). I also much prefer the climate here, most
things I'm interested in eating (be that animal or vegetable)
grow/live here perfectly well. Good clean food is essential to me. My
food comes from my property, hunted or trading with friends - NOT from
a supermarket. I have pure water coming down from the mountains in my
stream, I have all the rainwater I need.

It's cheaper. There's less people. Less government interference.

Just less shit in general

I hope your health keeps up and you live a long time to enjoy it.

Thanks Terry, you too mate.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:20 AM posted to aus.gardens

wrote:

Why did you leave that spot? It lookd gorgeous and I'm sure the weather
would have been better than in Tassie.

Was only renting and way beyond my budget (house I was renting was for
sale at around $800K at the time) and ultimately I really wanted to
get as far away as possible from the rat-race. Kiama suited me at the
time for a few reasons.

Yikes! Not a cheap place :-)

IMO there are few places left on the mainland that suit my needs these
days (by my standards). I also much prefer the climate here, most
things I'm interested in eating (be that animal or vegetable)
grow/live here perfectly well. Good clean food is essential to me. My
food comes from my property, hunted or trading with friends - NOT from
a supermarket. I have pure water coming down from the mountains in my
stream, I have all the rainwater I need.

I can understand that. We love Tassie and get there as often as we can.
I'ts amazing how well one can live with a decent veggie garden, a few
animals and a bit of time spent doing domestic stuff.

It's cheaper. There's less people. Less government interference.

Just less shit in general

Yup. Makes sense to me.

I've been lusting after a place at Lachlan (Tassie) that appeared on
Gardening Oz - won't happen, but I do like a bit of Real Estate P**n:
http://www.domain.com.au/Property/Fo...did=2009390453

Old 12-11-2012, 06:45 AM posted to aus.gardens

On 12/11/12 16:20, Farm1 wrote:
- won't happen, but I do like a bit of Real Estate P**n:

Futile activity VBG, but I know what you mean.

Old 13-11-2012, 07:13 AM posted to aus.gardens

"terryc" wrote in message
On 12/11/12 16:20, Farm1 wrote:
- won't happen, but I do like a bit of Real Estate P**n:

Futile activity VBG, but I know what you mean.

:-)) A case of the grass is greener and the garden is better and there is
less housework involved in 'that' real estate site house.

Old 14-11-2012, 09:10 PM posted to aus.gardens

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 16:20:44 +1100, "Farm1"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Nice. I don't think I've been to Lachlan as yet. I have some friends
selling a property which may as well have been custom made for me -
$500K though and I have no desire to go into debt.