GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pumpkins (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/209237-pumpkins.html)

SG1[_6_] 24-02-2014 08:22 AM

Pumpkins

First i don't know if butternuts ripen off the vine, but some Bohemiens I
grew a few years back changed colour twice after the death of the plant.
I put in some Golden Nuggets and they threw Female flowers first on one
bush, missed pollenating the first one but hop the male flowers on the 2nd
one get their As into gear as there is another F flower just about ready.

F Murtz 25-02-2014 01:31 AM

Pumpkins

SG1 wrote:
First i don't know if butternuts ripen off the vine, but some Bohemiens
I grew a few years back changed colour twice after the death of the plant.
I put in some Golden Nuggets and they threw Female flowers first on one
bush, missed pollenating the first one but hop the male flowers on the
2nd one get their As into gear as there is another F flower just about
ready.

I cut them off the vine too early I think.