Hot stuff

Old 07-09-2014, 02:35 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Hot stuff

It would appear that my habenero plant and at least one Jalape˝o survived a
winter of erratic rainfall and very few frosts. A mob from Texas (USA)
living here will be happy to hear that, as they love salsa the hotter the
better.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:33 AM posted to aus.gardens

"SG1" wrote in message
web.com...
It would appear that my habenero plant and at least one Jalape˝o survived
a winter of erratic rainfall and very few frosts. A mob from Texas (USA)
living here will be happy to hear that, as they love salsa the hotter the
better.

Congratulations. Having cleared the weeds in one corner of the garden I
found some herbs I had thrown away earlier in the year and they were doing
exceptionally well. Unfortunately the peppers and tomatoes I had hoped
would over winter were nowhere to be seen.

Mike

Old 10-09-2014, 01:10 AM posted to aus.gardens

On Sun, 7 Sep 2014 15:33:44 +0800, "Bloke Down The Pub"
wrote:

"SG1" wrote in message
aweb.com...
It would appear that my habenero plant and at least one Jalape˝o survived
a winter of erratic rainfall and very few frosts.

Without a heated hothouse, no chance of that happening here :\

Congratulations. Having cleared the weeds in one corner of the garden I
found some herbs I had thrown away earlier in the year and they were doing
exceptionally well. Unfortunately the peppers and tomatoes I had hoped
would over winter were nowhere to be seen.

I found some young leeks the other day, and some celery which had
regrown in the garden, which was a nice surprise, especially as I was
making some chicken soup from the leftover roast chook. I also threw
in some kale, silverbeet and nettle as well.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:25 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Je▀us" wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Sep 2014 15:33:44 +0800, "Bloke Down The Pub"
wrote:

"SG1" wrote in message
raweb.com...
It would appear that my habenero plant and at least one Jalape˝o
survived
a winter of erratic rainfall and very few frosts.

Without a heated hothouse, no chance of that happening here :\

Advantages and disadvantages where ever you make your abode.
The plants are now watered and mulched, and putting out new growth.

Old 18-09-2014, 11:19 AM posted to aus.gardens

On Wed, 10 Sep 2014 10:25:17 +1000, "SG1" wrote:

"Je▀us" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 7 Sep 2014 15:33:44 +0800, "Bloke Down The Pub"
wrote:

"SG1" wrote in message
traweb.com...
It would appear that my habenero plant and at least one Jalape˝o
survived
a winter of erratic rainfall and very few frosts.

Without a heated hothouse, no chance of that happening here :\

Advantages and disadvantages where ever you make your abode.
The plants are now watered and mulched, and putting out new growth.

Things are starting to get going here, I think we're in for an early
summer and probably a relatively dry one at that. Good for lots of
things though, not all bad.

Old 19-09-2014, 12:47 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Je▀us" wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Sep 2014 10:25:17 +1000, "SG1" wrote:

"Je▀us" wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 7 Sep 2014 15:33:44 +0800, "Bloke Down The Pub"
wrote:

"SG1" wrote in message
straweb.com...
It would appear that my habenero plant and at least one Jalape˝o
survived
a winter of erratic rainfall and very few frosts.

Without a heated hothouse, no chance of that happening here :\

Advantages and disadvantages where ever you make your abode.
The plants are now watered and mulched, and putting out new growth.

Things are starting to get going here, I think we're in for an early
summer and probably a relatively dry one at that. Good for lots of
things though, not all bad.

The rain water tank is full after about 3 inches in the last month, so a dry
summer won't effect the plantings too much.

Old 22-09-2014, 09:41 AM posted to aus.gardens

On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 08:47:47 +1000, "SG1" wrote:

.. .

"Je▀us" wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Sep 2014 15:33:44 +0800, "Bloke Down The Pub"
wrote:

"SG1" wrote in message
news:[email protected] astraweb.com...
It would appear that my habenero plant and at least one Jalape˝o
survived
a winter of erratic rainfall and very few frosts.

Without a heated hothouse, no chance of that happening here :\

Advantages and disadvantages where ever you make your abode.
The plants are now watered and mulched, and putting out new growth.

Things are starting to get going here, I think we're in for an early
summer and probably a relatively dry one at that. Good for lots of
things though, not all bad.

The rain water tank is full after about 3 inches in the last month, so a dry
summer won't effect the plantings too much.

Good to hear. I'll be okay too, have about 14000 gallons in rain water
plus the creek, which will hopefully flow enough to irrigate my
paddocks as much as I'd like.