Old 12-03-2017, 08:07 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Finally! jam melons

http://imgur.com/a/t5wmm

In a place where jam melons (Australia)( in US probably called citron
melon)can not be bought (and it cost me a fortune in excess water).
You can not even buy melon and lemon or melon and pineapple jam any more.
Was told many years ago by fruiterer it was the fault of them furriners
who bought them thinking they were water melons or sugar melons who then
came back screaming their heads off, (in those days furriners were
Italians Greeks Maltese and various others after the war .)
Old 13-03-2017, 10:24 PM posted to aus.gardens

On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 19:07:23 +1100, F Murtz
wrote:

http://imgur.com/a/t5wmm

In a place where jam melons (Australia)( in US probably called citron
melon)can not be bought (and it cost me a fortune in excess water).
You can not even buy melon and lemon or melon and pineapple jam any more.
Was told many years ago by fruiterer it was the fault of them furriners
who bought them thinking they were water melons or sugar melons who then
came back screaming their heads off, (in those days furriners were
Italians Greeks Maltese and various others after the war .)

They look nice, I might have to grow some next spring and see what
they're like.
Old 14-03-2017, 04:07 AM posted to aus.gardens

wrote:

http://imgur.com/a/t5wmm

In a place where jam melons (Australia)( in US probably called citron
melon)can not be bought (and it cost me a fortune in excess water).
You can not even buy melon and lemon or melon and pineapple jam any more.
Was told many years ago by fruiterer it was the fault of them furriners
who bought them thinking they were water melons or sugar melons who then
came back screaming their heads off, (in those days furriners were
Italians Greeks Maltese and various others after the war .)

They look nice, I might have to grow some next spring and see what
they're like.

They are not for eating raw(not nice) but very good for jam, the yanks
call them pie melons or citron melons and make pies , you can not get
seeds in shops, you have to get them from ebay or heirloom seed
places,just put "jam melon seeds"into ebay au and you will get all
manners of stuff with a few of jam melons
Old 23-03-2017, 07:15 PM posted to aus.gardens

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the info.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:59 AM posted to aus.gardens

wrote:

[...]

Melon and pineapple with some lemon jam,does not help the diabetes,
http://imgur.com/a/gWVId

Old 31-08-2017, 02:13 PM
Registered User

pineapple jams i love! havent tried melon jams..

nectarine jam recipe. wafflycat United Kingdom 1 31-08-2009 05:28 PM
Blackcurrant harvesting (and Jam!) evalooda Edible Gardening 0 28-06-2008 01:45 PM
Jam melons F Murtz Australia 6 19-05-2008 05:05 AM
Rose hip jam Pam Moore United Kingdom 12 04-11-2006 07:58 PM
Hampton Court saturday ..traffic jam cause? Tumbleweed United Kingdom 15 11-07-2005 05:26 PM