Chive pests

Old 04-02-2004, 08:02 AM
jess

Default Chive pests

Hi there,

Quick question for anybody who can help. After moving house a few months
ago to Ferntree Gully, Vic, I've got these little black bugs all over my
garlic chives which are killing the plants. What are they and what should I
do to get rid of them? Thanx for your help.. please reply to email as i
don't check newsgroups regularly.

Old 16-02-2004, 01:00 AM
John Savage

"jess" writes:
Quick question for anybody who can help. After moving house a few months
ago to Ferntree Gully, Vic, I've got these little black bugs all over my
garlic chives which are killing the plants. What are they and what should I
do to get rid of them? Thanx for your help.. please reply to email as i
don't check newsgroups regularly.

You are a bit short on details of the pests, so guessing I'd say aphids.
Spray with a mix of metho and water, in the ratio 1:3. If the pests
aren't dead within 30 seconds they are not aphids.

Old 16-02-2004, 01:07 AM
John Savage

"jess" writes:
Quick question for anybody who can help. After moving house a few months
ago to Ferntree Gully, Vic, I've got these little black bugs all over my
garlic chives which are killing the plants. What are they and what should I
do to get rid of them? Thanx for your help.. please reply to email as i
don't check newsgroups regularly.

You are a bit short on details of the pests, so guessing I'd say aphids.
Spray with a mix of metho and water, in the ratio 1:3. If the pests
aren't dead within 30 seconds they are not aphids.

The 10 Worst Chives of 2002 harvest dancer sci.agriculture 1 26-04-2003 12:30 PM
pests hugh janus United Kingdom 2 14-04-2003 10:20 AM
Pests & Diseases Book Heather Edwards Australia 0 05-04-2003 06:33 AM
Fruit Pests and spraying Steve Harris United Kingdom 4 06-01-2003 12:45 PM
Rabbit Control (plus other pests) Tony Gent United Kingdom 0 30-11-2002 07:33 PM