Old 02-11-2005, 05:24 PM
Claire Burton

Default Bamboo near a pond

I've got a pond with a liner which bamboo will be best around it?

Old 02-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Travis

Claire Burton wrote:
I've got a pond with a liner which bamboo will be best around
it?

A ground cover bamboo or a clumper.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Old 03-11-2005, 02:35 AM
richard mullens

Claire Burton wrote:
I've got a pond with a liner which bamboo will be best around it?

A running bamboo (like phyllostachys) will pierce the liner.
Old 15-01-2006, 08:14 PM
Registered User

Go for a clumper - the ground cover(running bamboos) are much more likely to penetrate the pond liner!

For cold areas look at Fargesias, for the warmer areas, you may wish to look at the Dendrocalamus or Bambusas.