Old 22-11-2005, 04:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo

Default sticky substance on my leaves????

Greetings, I have a large yard full of two types of beautiful bamboo.
I have No clue their names. I live on Martha's Vineyard Island,
Massachusetts. For the first time I put some in a large pot and put it
in front of my very sunny sliding door. It has been growing like crazy!
I even had to prune it already. However about two weeks ago it seems
that the leaves are producing some type of sticky substance and it
seems there are thousands of little, possibly seeds clinging to the
leaves. I have never seen this before as this is the first time I have
taken bamboo from my yard into the house. It is beautiful and seems
to still be growing healthy as can be but have No idea what this sticky
substance is or what those seed looking things are? " Can anybody
Advise" Thanks!!

Old 22-11-2005, 07:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
Philip Lewis

" writes:
Greetings, I have a large yard full of two types of beautiful bamboo.
I have No clue their names. I live on Martha's Vineyard Island,
Massachusetts. For the first time I put some in a large pot and put it
in front of my very sunny sliding door. It has been growing like crazy!
I even had to prune it already. However about two weeks ago it seems

that the leaves are producing some type of sticky substance and it
seems there are thousands of little, possibly seeds clinging to the

sounds like clasical scale.
Read some of the links he
http://www.google.com/search?q=sticky+scale+insect
to determine if it is.

Several of them should have treatment advice or try:
http://www.google.com/search?q=scale+insect+treatment

You can also search the archives on this news group at
http://groups.google.com

good luck.

--
be safe.
flip

Old 23-11-2005, 06:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo

Thanks for ALL your advice! It was a Great help. It seems like I have
some kind of insects so I took the big bamboo plant and put it on the
pourch. Maybe the freezing cold will kill the little buggers!! It ssure
was growing Great inside. Thanks again