Old 20-12-2005, 04:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
JimR

Default Homeowner Bamboo Uses

OK, I've had my giant timber, Buddha Belly, Black and Golden Goddess bamboos
planted for enough years to have sizable groves. The 2004-5 hurricanes
knocked some individual plants over, but the clumps are still growing well.

Now I've got some extra bamboo that has been cut down (or blown down),
ranging from 1/2" to about 3 - 4" in diameter, and up to about 30' long.
I've considered using some pieces to make a fountain into my pond, and for
use as a trellis for some climbing vegetables. What other uses can a
homeowner make from this resource? Does anyone have a website or other
reference to show photos of bamboo projects? Regards --

Old 20-12-2005, 08:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
Andrew Ward

JimR wrote:
OK, I've had my giant timber, Buddha Belly, Black and Golden Goddess bamboos
planted for enough years to have sizable groves. The 2004-5 hurricanes
knocked some individual plants over, but the clumps are still growing well.

Now I've got some extra bamboo that has been cut down (or blown down),
ranging from 1/2" to about 3 - 4" in diameter, and up to about 30' long.
I've considered using some pieces to make a fountain into my pond, and for
use as a trellis for some climbing vegetables. What other uses can a
homeowner make from this resource? Does anyone have a website or other
reference to show photos of bamboo projects? Regards --

There are lots of pictures of uses of bamboo in the home he
http://www.bambus.de/infos/1000/inde...kategorie=home

Old 21-12-2005, 02:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
JimR

Thanks -- that's quite a website. It's already given me some new ideas --

"Andrew Ward" wrote in message

[snip]
Does anyone have a website or other reference to show photos of bamboo
projects? Regards --

There are lots of pictures of uses of bamboo in the home he
http://www.bambus.de/infos/1000/inde...kategorie=home

New Homeowner needs advice: Lawnmower for Bermuda grass Neil Lawns 9 18-03-2005 06:22 AM
New homeowner Jo Cohen Lawns 18 25-09-2003 04:32 PM
new homeowner--grass question Good Golly Gardening 2 02-07-2003 05:56 AM
questions from a first-time homeowner on bugs! jameson Gardening 11 11-04-2003 08:08 AM
patching grass for new homeowner Phisherman Gardening 0 17-02-2003 04:15 AM