Old 06-09-2006, 02:55 AM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo

Default BAMBOO

My sister gave me a bamboo plant for my birthday. I've been watering it
moderately and have it by a window that gets light from the morning sun.
Is there anything I can put on it to help it grow ???*Happy Gardening.

Aikenraven
Let us cross the river, and rest beneath the shade of
the tree....Stonewall Jackson

Old 06-09-2006, 09:39 AM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo

"George Hof" wrote in message

My sister gave me a bamboo plant for my birthday. I've been
watering it moderately and have it by a window that gets light
from
the morning sun. Is there anything I can put on it to help it
grow
??? Happy Gardening.

Aikenraven
Let us cross the river, and rest beneath the
shade
of the tree....Stonewall Jackson

If it is "Lucky Bamboo" it is a Dracena and not a real bamboo.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Old 06-11-2006, 06:16 PM
Registered User

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Hof
My sister gave me a bamboo plant for my birthday. I've been watering it
moderately and have it by a window that gets light from the morning sun.
Is there anything I can put on it to help it grow ???*Happy Gardening.

Aikenraven
Let us cross the river, and rest beneath the shade of
the tree....Stonewall Jackson
Bamboo thrives well on its own, some people suggest mulching the bamboo, however if this is just a seedling you are bringing on take care not to place it in direct sunlight as the leaves will dry out and may be burnt by the intensity of the sun. A warm place is best but not in direct sunlight. Take care not to allow the soil to dry out but like any other plant do not overwater. Care should be taken not to bring the bamboo on too fast as it may become straggly and because of the complex rhizome and root structure it is important to allow the seedling to mature at its own pace. See a useful article http://www.bamboosuccess.com/purchasing-bamboo.html

Hello fellow bamboo lovers! I have a question about my bamboo patch RiverMan Bamboo 9 27-04-2011 07:42 AM
Dying black bamboo ramyad Bamboo 4 27-04-2009 11:13 PM
Looking for Simon Henderson (formerly of BAMBOO PEOPLE) - Bamboo agroforestry researcher Jo?o Paulo Freire Paglione Bamboo 0 02-11-2003 06:32 PM
Bamboo wanted. Have Black bamboo and "Alphonse Karr" Annabel United Kingdom 2 12-06-2003 04:56 AM
Bamboo root depth and drought - was: Shade tolerant bamboo in south Florida Rick DeBay Bamboo 1 13-03-2003 06:33 PM