GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Bamboo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/)
-   -   Is this raised border too small for black bamboo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/211189-raised-border-too-small-black-bamboo.html)

KirkyTS 12-02-2015 05:26 PM

Is this raised border too small for black bamboo

1 Attachment(s)
Good afternoon all,

I am wanting to hide my fence and i also love the look of black bamboo. Is this border too small for me to plant bamboo and and hide the fence. The border goes down maybe around 1 metre and its around 35 cm wide. the length is 5 metres. the ends are both bricked so I could have a runner. Any advice on what type (was hoping for black bamboo), how far apart they should be planted and the care they need; It would be very helpful,

Thanks in advance.

Bhilltop 06-11-2020 02:27 PM

Hi I would say it will be a really tight squeeze. I planted three plants each was about 6 feet tall and in four years this is what they look like.

https://theyardandgarden.com/wp-cont...boo-scaled.jpg

They have not spread too much, but they dominate the space and I guess are around 15-20' tall