Old 01-08-2003, 07:22 PM
WilsonKKW

Default proper care of Bamboo?

I have bamboo stalks growing in water withe stones, and a few in dirt? how
much should I be watering the ones in the soil/pots? I would imagine the take
alot of water since the ones in water with stones do so well, am I right or
wrong?

thanks
Kathy
Old 06-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Registered User

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonKKW
I have bamboo stalks growing in water withe stones, and a few in dirt? how
much should I be watering the ones in the soil/pots? I would imagine the take
alot of water since the ones in water with stones do so well, am I right or
wrong?

thanks
Kathy
It would be useful to identify what kind of bamboo you actually have, this sounds like Lucky Bamboo, you would be better checking with the nursery that you initially bought it off. Bamboo itself does not need lots of water, it needs to be treated like any other plant. An article you may find of use can be found here http://www.bamboosuccess.com/article...gardening.html
Old 02-01-2007, 11:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo

I think lucky bamboo is not bamboo but a relitive of corn verrigated corn...
the less you move that stuff the beter...it disturbs the roots. and if you
can avoid getting bacteria in the water... eg over feeing fish in the h20
better for the lucky bamboo....good luck

you may find of use can be found here http://tinyurl.com/ymphhu

--
Bamboo Success