Old 16-05-2005, 08:37 PM
Henry L

Default flute making

Hi, I am an amature bamboo flute maker looking for bamboo canes suitable for
flute making. I am interested in the phyllostachys family of 4-5 year old
bambusoides(madake), allgold, or angustus with a diameter of 1 to 1.25
inches at @20-24 inches above ground. Oh yes, I do want the root with it.

If you have what I need and willing to share them I can travel to your grove
and dig them up myself. I live in the NYC area and will travel to NJ, PA,
CT, MA, RI areas to get what I need.

Thanks
Henry Lee

Old 15-01-2006, 08:59 PM
Registered User

Vivax is probably OK as well - the key thing for musical instruments is that the walls of the culms are relatively thin.