Old 22-05-2005, 02:13 PM
SamMan

Default Bamboo ID, Please

Can anyone ID this?
http://www.psfdev.com/05bamboo/boo-id/

Thanks

--
SamMan
Rip it to reply

Old 22-05-2005, 11:45 PM

It is a lot easier to ID something when you know where in the world it
is growing but the photo looks like Phyllostachys aureosulcata aka
"yellowgroove"
If the photo was taken today I 'd guess your latitude to be about 36N
or so.
How about coming back with a location?

Old 24-05-2005, 02:21 AM
SamMan

wrote in message
oups.com...
It is a lot easier to ID something when you know where in the world it
is growing but the photo looks like Phyllostachys aureosulcata aka
"yellowgroove"
If the photo was taken today I 'd guess your latitude to be about 36N
or so.
How about coming back with a location?

Sorry...
Zone 5, Nebraska, USA.

I have had others (in another forum) say that it is indeed Yellow Groove.
This person's Phy. auerosculcata rarely zig-zag's.

--
SamMan
Rip it to reply

Old 24-05-2005, 07:18 AM
Travis

SamMan wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
It is a lot easier to ID something when you know where in the
world it is growing but the photo looks like Phyllostachys
aureosulcata aka "yellowgroove"
If the photo was taken today I 'd guess your latitude to be about
36N or so.
How about coming back with a location?

Sorry...
Zone 5, Nebraska, USA.

I have had others (in another forum) say that it is indeed Yellow
Groove. This person's Phy. auerosculcata rarely zig-zag's.

Not every culm will have the zigzag but it is one of it's signatures.

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington

Old 24-05-2005, 11:21 AM
SamMan

"Travis" wrote in message
newsOyke.22011$4F1.9301@trnddc06...

I have had others (in another forum) say that it is indeed Yellow
Groove. This person's Phy. auerosculcata rarely zig-zag's.

Not every culm will have the zigzag but it is one of it's signatures.

Agreed, that is one of the signatures. The person states however, that with
his Yellow Groove this characteristic only displays itself very rarely. They
speculate the possibility of the zig-zag being influenced more by growing
conditions/soil type. I am by no means an expert on bamboo cultivation (this
being my second year), but it is interesting food for thought.

--
SamMan
Rip it to reply

Old 24-05-2005, 07:33 PM

Well, you are at about the same latitude as Connecticut.
When was the photo taken?

Old 25-05-2005, 02:27 AM
SamMan

wrote in message
ups.com...
Well, you are at about the same latitude as Connecticut.
When was the photo taken?

05/21/2005

--
SamMan